Friday, May 22, 2009

How To Find What You Want

As I've said in earlier posts, many people only focus on what they don't want. "I don't want this car. I don't want this job. I don't want this debt." Blah, blah, blah...

These people can go into great detail about what they don't want. But when you ask them what they do want, they get tongue tied and don't know how to articulate it. It's almost like it's a built in human condition to focus on the negative you have, instead of the positive you want.

If you don't know how to find out what you want, this article is for you. By the end of this blog post you'll learn that, the way to find out what you want is to write down what you don't want and take the opposite of that.

Take some time from your day. Maybe an hour or so. Write a list of what you don't like about your life. Just let your mind run free and write down everything that bugs the crap out of you about your reality.

Once you've completed this list. Take each of the "don't wants" and turn them into "wants."

Here are a few examples:

  1. "I don't like my job." Turns into. "I want a fulfilling career."
  2. "I don't like my car." Turns into. "I want a new Ferrari."
  3. "I don't like my house. Turns into. "I want a beachfront mansion."

Just stating that you want may not be strong enough to bring it to you. Because by "wanting" it, your mind is focused on the fact that you don't have it. Am I making sense here?

To make those wants even more powerful put them in the present tense.

Here are a few examples of that:

  1. "I want a fulfilling career." Turns into. "I now have a fulfilling career."
  2. "I want a new Ferrari." Turns into. "I now have a new Ferrari."
  3. "I want a beachfront mansion. Turns into. "I now have a beachfront mansion."

And to really supercharge those wants, add some feeling into it. After all, it' s your feelings that actually cause the attraction. Your thoughts are what you point that attraction to.

Here are some more examples:

  1. "I now have a fulfilling career." Turns into. "I'm so happy and grateful that I have a fulfilling career."
  2. "I now have a new Ferrari." Turns into. "I'm so happy and grateful that I have a new Ferrari."
  3. "I now have a beachfront mansion." Turns into. "I'm so happy and grateful that I have a beachfront mansion."

It really is that easy easy! The way to find out what you want is to write down what you don't want and take the opposite of that.

Now that you've your empowering list of wants. Keep it with you at all times. I like to read them to myself three times a day to keep me focused on what I want. Kind of like what people do with a list of affirmations.

It's a very powerful method. And it does work, so get started on it NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment